My Videos

Loading my videos...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dear Parents,
This is my new blog. I want to share all of my exploits at college with you.  I know classes started a few weeks ago, but I'll just give you a recap: school. That's what happened last week and the week before and the week before that, but not the week before that.

Today, I had a chemistry test.  Not just any test or quiz. No, a chemistry test.  I have never even taken high school chemistry so most of this is pretty new.  I studied all day yesterday and more today.  I got there and the test was 20 multiple choice questions and two short answer.

Really?

All of that studying for nothing.  Well, not really nothing. I did use the polyatomic ions that I memorized this morning, but everything else was super easy.  I had worried for nothing, but now I am chemistry free. Until tomorrow anyways. Oh well...

Topic change

I also had chem lab today along with the test. We titrated vinegear with sodium hydroxide (NaOH).  I did a perfect titration my very first try, but then I had to do it four more times to get three volumes that were within .5mL of each other. I still got out of lab an hour early, and I got to make pretty pink solutions. Remember, if it's pink it can go down the sink (pink means the phenolphthalein, the indicator, has indicated that the pH is between 8 and 9, so the solution has been neutralized).

I also worked today, and did research on twins.  I myself am a twin, so I am doing my next English paper on the misconceptions surrounding twins.  For example, if you punch Brittan (my twin sister) I can't feel it, but it is really really funny (so keep punching her).  Finally, I have been obsessed with the Big Bang Theory theme song all week.  It is so much fun, and I know all of the words.

Well that's all for now.

Love,
Alora

1 comment:

  1. You have been obsessed with the Big Bang Theory theme song. We listened to it like three times in a row yesterday!!!!

    ReplyDelete