My Videos

Loading my videos...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dear Parents,
Today was very hectic. I had five classes today and I kept losing track of time while playing on Minecraft. I am doomed. Madi (my roommate) helped me get Minecraft, and now I am addicted.  I played for two hours this morning, and I did tons of new stuff.  I killed a cow, found coal, found iron, made torches, finished my tree house with a ginormo sunset window, and I made a furnace.  Playing on peaceful mode is nice: monsters don't come get me and I don't have to eat. Ooh, and I made a door for my house.  I'm so excited, and I don't have much homework right now.  Well, except for my English paper that's due next Friday which I should probably be working on right now.  Oops. Oh well, time for a break down of my day.

First I went to Chemistry and we learned how to calculate moles and number of molecules and molarity. It was kind of confusing, but I think I get it now.  I definitely should know it because that's what I have to do on my lab.

College Algebra was EASY. I mean really. Did we have to a practice quiz for the test on Friday. The test is on factoring and solving quadratic equations by factoring.  Super easy.  Also, Mr. Bredder promised that all of the questions would be straightforward and simple: not frustrating and fun.  Oh well, next semester I get to take trig and then in the fall I get to take Calculus.  I can't wait! I've never really ever been challenged much in math.

Next class, PEGlish was kinda fun. We went over the theses that everyone had submitted for our papers. It was quite amusing at times. At one point a stink bug was flying around the classroom, and then we had an impromptu grammar lesson on apostrophes and the Oxford comma (the comma before the "and" in a list).  Dr. Kennedy is very much for the comma.  I must remember to put it in my lists.  Also, we had a long discussion on the usefulness of standardized testing.  All of us were against it, so we just shared stories.  I talked about the TCAPS (bane of my educational career) and the CRTs and the NeSA (both not too bad).  I think that standardized testing can be useful, but most of the time it just makes teachers teach to the test which is no fun.

Personal finance was fun. We discussed credit reports today, and we talked a lot. Most of that class is discussion, but Professor Ewing some how still manages to cram and homework into each one.  Last weekend I spent all of Sunday working on homework for that class.  It wasn't supposed to take all day, but luckily I'd already finished the rest of my Monday homework. Oh and o m i g o d they had moose tracks in the ice cream thing at Hunt for lunch: moose tracks.  Usually they just have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.  Today, they didn't even have those. They had lemon sorbet, mint chocolate chip, cookies and creme, and moose tracks!!!! It was so yummy which was good because the real food was d i s g u s t i n g.  I waited for like ten minutes for beef ravioli and guess what? It was bow ties with beef sauce not ravioli. It was actually better than dinner, but hey. I wanted ravioli.

Class five, marching band!!!!! I love marching band. It is so much fun!!! We have really fun music an we march around.  Ooh and we got to see the design for the t-shirt today and it is awesome!!  Also, also...wait for it...we have a free trip to New York next semester to play in the Saint Patrick's Day parade. Yes I did say "free." I can't wait!!!!

Also guys you should check out Madi's blog (collegewithchester.blogspot.com).  I'm on there some too, but just in spirit I don't actually post.

I'll see you on the morrow. Good night guys.

Love,
Alora Wogsland

P.S. I don't have class tomorrow!!!! MBC 101 was canceled!!! I'm ecstatic!!!

2 comments:

  1. You don't like standardized tests? How did you girls get on Mary Baldwin's radar again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't like TCAPS and things to that extent because they are boring and easy. The SAT is a different story. You don't have to take that.

      Delete