My Videos

Loading my videos...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

English Teachers

I have a pretty cool English teacher. She dresses stylishly, treats us like adults, and she doesn't play favorites. Oh wait yes she does. I will not name names, but she is one of the worst English teachers I have ever had. If she does not like you, you will not pass her class with above "B." However, if she likes you, you are free and ready to go. Finishing with an A. The problem is that English, like art, is arbitrarily based on the ideas of the teacher or the audience. My research paper, that I just got back, received a grade of a ninety-two. I know two other extremely smart people who both got lets just say not good grades as in D's and F's. They were some of the people that she didn't like. I am mad about my grade, but I have no one to be mad at because they are all mad at me for getting such a "good" grade. I have higher standards than that though. I want 95's or above on everything. A 100 average is something I shoot for. This may seem crazy, but it works. I have super high standards and then I push myself to do better. Everyone else just lowers their standards.

I need to stop now before I start crying. I am going to go talk to a living person or just listen to some music and calm down.

Love,
Alora

P.S. These words were written in a fit of passion, so any offense is totally not meant. Not all English teachers are horrible. In fact my one last year was quite awesome.

1 comment: