My Videos

Loading my videos...

Monday, February 11, 2013

Poem Edits

          A few weeks ago I wrote a poem entitled "The Beginning of All Art." I blogged about it and shared it all with you. Now at the request of my teacher to edit one of my poems (AKA homework) I have revised this poem. It now reads like this and I have changed the title. Pleas read, comment, compare the two. Suggestions, praise and criticism are all welcome.


The Father of All Art

The painter licks his lips, and dips
Into a brimming pit of thought.
The brush whips over the canvas creating.
Marking out a new form. Will it be
A person, dog, or tree?
Options are open.
Maybe just a pile of purple puzzle pieces
Stacked in such a specific way.

An author primes her pen,
Swirling it over an abyss of idea.
What shall she scribe?
Opportunities are endless.
Construct courtyards
Of crying cherubs, tears unexisting
oOn their rough unmoving cheeks,
Or take a boy on an unexpected adventure.

Now you get ready to create
Reach for your instrument.
A camera, a pencil,
A carver’s blade?
No matter. You are
Jumping into the pit.
Swimming down into the abyss.

What drives you, also
Powers the writer while she furiously clacks away at the keys,
And
Sustains the painter’s muscles when his hand grows heavy.

The father of rhyme and alliteration.
Imagination.


Thanks for reading. On a side note you should go check out my friend Sarah's blog, Bawks of Chocolates. It is hilarious and I will be appearing in one of her videos sometime soon. More details later.

Try not to eat all of your children.

Love,
Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment