My Videos

Loading my videos...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sometimes, I Wonder

          Sometimes I wonder if I am too much of a mediator. I work hard to try and give people good advice and to listen to them, but then others come along and put their moral foot down and I wonder if maybe my advice would work better if I did that.

          A few minutes ago my friend, lets call her Bianca  came in complaining about her mom. Her mom was forcing her to give up her Facebook password and Bianca is convinced that over spring break her mom will go through her laptop. Now she has somethings that she does not want her mom to see which is understandable. She came in to complain about how she then had to delete all of those things. She was then talking about how much she hated her mother. My other friend, Beatrice, got frustrated that Bianca hated her mom at all. I tried to mediate and make the two of them feel better, but they both walked out frustrated, at life, if not each other.

          Beatrice was defending her beliefs. I know that I try to defend my beliefs, but do I really do a good job. I need an opinion on some of these things. I have to hope that Bianca will grow out of her parent hate, but I do not know. I do think that family is family, and I have unconditional love for my family. I will love them forever I just do not know what to do about other people's families. I cannot fix families. I cannot help them. I can help teenagers and that is about it. I give advice and homework help, but not much else outside of that.

          I wonder, if I really do have as my teachers say "a strong sense of right and wrong." What does that even mean? Every day I try to hold up these morals that I have developed, but sometimes they do not fit the situation and I do not know what to do.

That is my look into my mind for the day.

Love,
Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment