My Videos

Loading my videos...

Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Reflection

Over winter break lots of things happened and I lost touch in a way with many of my friends here at MBC.
I didn't see them on a day to day basis and that is mostly how I interact with them. On Wednesday I ate lunch and dinner with two different people who I missed having around over break, but I didn't know how much. Lunch, I ate with Chanelle, Brittan's roommate. She is really awesome and before break we were friends, but not super close friends. Now in the first week of this semester we have had two, two hour conversations about stuff in general. Last night the two hour conversation included Hannah, and we were brainstorming names for a project that the three of us have started working on. I have learned a lot about Chanelle in the past week and I am extremely glad about that. I now understand exactly what Brittan meant last semester when she said that Chanelle and I were so similar that it was hard for us to get along. Now we have found that similarity, and with our conversations we have also given Brittan time to talk to her boyfriend uninterrupted. Chanelle is really quite awesome and very sure of, if not who she is, then who she wants to be.

On Wednesday I ate lunch with Chanelle and I ate dinner with TJ. TJ I missed a lot over break because she is always very happy. Dinner was fun, because we ate and then marched up to band with our instruments. We had a very interesting conversation that, like most of my conversations with TJ, made me feel not uncomfortable, but not extremely at ease either. It was a very intimate conversation, and I have really missed having her to talk to and eat dinner with on Wednesdays. Unlike most people she doesn't judge. I am not saying that everyone judging is bad, but she does not even judge little things that some people classify automatically. It is very refreshing to talk to her and see more of her perspective on the world.

Last night, before my conversation with Hannah, and Chanelle, I had an hour long conversation with Madi, my missing roommate. I hung out with her and she told me why she had decided not to come back this semester whilst assuring me that she will be back in the fall. I was very happy after my conversation with her because I miss her very much. It is not as much fun here without her. Although her absence has given me time to cultivate my relationships with other members of the dorm. I hope to talk to her again soon.

This week has been quite fun and I have rediscovered potential life-long friendships. Also, I have realized that, despite what I may have said last semester, I am really very horrible at studying. I plan on spending most of the weekend studying, and some of it working on my project with Chanelle and Hannah. First, however, I must go to class and finish up this day with work, class, and Dungeons and Dragons.

I hope that all of you had wonderful weeks.

Love,
Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment