My Videos

Loading my videos...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Boring Old Tuesday

So well today was kinda boring with some fun bits. Either that or it was awesome and I'm just bored now.  I worked this morning which was fun because I get paid to do that.  Then I went to lunch and ate some fake mashed potatoes that looked and felt like mashed potatoes, but they tasted literally like water. It was gross. Mostly what I had for lunch was the trail mix that they had for dessert.  After lunch I went to chem lab which was fun and boring at the same time.  After lab I came back to the dorm for a few hours and did homework then dinner and then more homework until now.  However that was the boring overview. Now I will fill in the interesting parts.

In chem lab we reacted sodium with water and it was awesome.  My lab professor Jenny had a glass oven tray type thing that she filled with water and some phenaltheylin.  Then she pulled the sodium out of the kerosene and showed it to us.  It was all dull except for where she had recently cut some off. There it was all shiny.  Then she cut (she cut it with a freaking knife! A metal! How cool is that?) a chunk of sodium off and dropped it in the water and shut the hood. (Forget to mention. The tray of water was in the hood and the hood was on.)  Okay well we did it twice and the first time it freaking exploded! E-X-P-L-O-D-E-D!!!!!!!!!!! I was right next to it with Rachel, my DM is in my chem lab, so it was super duper loud.  And yet it was the coolest thing that I have seen all week. hehehehe. The second time we did it the sodium only fizzled.

So after chem lab I was hanging in Brittan's room and she was decorating for Halloween. Her door is now covered top to bottom in black spider webbing. It looks pretty boss. So aside from messing with the webbing to annoy her, I also taped Madi up with Chinese caution tape. It was hilarious. She could barely walk and when she tried to get out she totally cheated and used her hands.  I took a video of her escaping, but I can't put it on the internet because Brittan, Chanelle, and Hannah think that it could be considered hazing and they don't want to get in trouble. After that Madi didn't want it online either. I kind of got mad at all of them and left after that, but I'm better now.

I think that was the last really interesting thing that I did today. I mean I did some homework and I'm reading a book that I'm going to evaluate for English. It's called Things We Couldn't Say. It's written by Diet Eman. It is about her resistance group in the Netherlands during World War Two. It is also a beautiful love story between her and her fiance Hein.

Random side note: I drew Brittan's (River) and Madi's (Lyrica) D&D characters
I know that Lyrica has no face. Madi is going to add it. Also, River is a rough draft.
Well I have to get up early tomorrow, so see ya,

Love,
Alora

2 comments:

  1. teehee you a funny bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're reading that book. It's a really good one.
    Love ya! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete