My Videos

Loading my videos...

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Washington DC Trip

Okay so yesterday I went to Washington DC and had tons of fun.  The PEG group that went toured the National Museum of Women in the Arts which was pretty cool. There were lots of paintings and sculptures, but there was also a rock-and-roll exhibit where they had Lady Gaga's meat dress. Sadly they didn't allow pictures so I don't have a picture, but it was pretty cool. It doesn't even look like meat anymore.  So the Women in the Arts museum had this huge foyerish area where the building had once been a movie theater and it was really pretty.
This is the foyer place in the Women in the Arts museum
Before the tour Brittan and I had gone to the DC Zara store to buy stuff with our little sister's name on it. However for some odd reason nothing had the brand name plastered on the front, but I got some pictures.
This is the store logo by the escalator
Brittan on the escalator
After our shopping of sorts and the tour we went back to the national mall and explored the Natural History Museum and I seriously want to live there. We wanted to see other things so I only got to see part of it, but oh my god was it cool.  When we were looking at the dinosaurs I felt so small, and the moon rocks and asteroids were just totally awesome.
sorry that it's a bad picture.
After the Natural History Museum we went into Air and Space which is huge. I didn't even see a quarter of it and we were in there for over an hour.  I bought astronaut ice cream in the gift shop and a cool poster and a key chain. BTW I collect key chains from places that I have been so since I've been a lot of places, I have a lot of key chains.
My cool cockpit poster

The enterprise model used for the Original Series. The original stand is on the left.
After Air and Space we met up with Madi and Jeni to check out the National Art Gallery.  It was pretty cool, but not as awesome as we thought it would be. (Yes we were looking for things from Battle of the Smithsonian.) Finally Brittan and I meandered over to the Memorials.  We saw the World War Two Memorial, the Washington Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial.

Brittan with the monument

Me with the monument

The Washington Monument and the Reflecting Pool from the Steps of the Lincoln Memorial
Dinner was from a street vendor and then we drove home.  DC was pretty awesome and I am glad that we went, but I missed so much. I felt so connected there.  Everything was so full of history.

(I will insert a video here later of all of the stuff we did)

Since then I have done loads of homework and I have pissed off my roommate.  At least I got some chem studying in.

The exhaustion is setting in. I may crash soon.

Love,
Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment